MD Value Care is a group of twenty independent physician practices in Richmond, VA that have decided to work together to provide better care to our Medicare patients. Through frequent communication and collaboration, our focus is on improving care coordination to achieve world class results in quality, patient experience, and cost effectiveness.
- Our goals are to:
- Provide high quality health care
- Improve the patient experience
- Increase cost efficiency
- Our 440+ primary care providers and specialists work together to provide a seamless care experience for their patients.
- Our focus is on improving coordination, communication and access to care.
- Our providers have built a suite of care coordination programs uniquely designed to support Medicare patients and manage high risk chronic conditions.
In 2012, a group of physicians came together around a vision to become a leader in population health and clinical outcomes.
On January 1, 2014, MDVC was awarded a three-year agreement by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program as an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). MDVC currently serves over 14,000 Medicare patients.
Our shared value for independence and a commitment to be “the best” in quality, cost, and patient satisfaction have led to membership growth and increased collaboration among twenty primary care and specialty practices.
An ACO is a group of doctors and other health care providers that have decided to work together to provide better care for their patients. The doctors and other providers who participate in the ACO communicate with each other and their patients to ensure the right health information is provided at the right time.
An ACO is not the same as a Medicare Advantage Plan or Health Maintenance Organization (HMO). Unlike HMOs, managed care, or some insurance plans, an ACO cannot tell patients which health care providers to see and cannot limit their Medicare benefits. Patients always have the right to choose any doctor or hospital who accepts Medicare at any time.
For more information about ACOs, please visit the Medicare website or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
- Commonwealth Primary Care*
- Dominion Medical Associates*
- Lee Davis Medical Associates*
- Virginia Diabetes and Endocrinology*
- Virginia Family Physicians*
- Commonwealth Anesthesia Associates
- Dermatology Associates of Virginia
- Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc.
- Neurosurgical Associates
- Pulmonary Associates of Richmond
- Richmond Gastroenterology Associates
- Virginia Cancer Institute
- Virginia Cardiovascular Specialists
- Virginia Ear, Nose, and Throat Associates
- Virginia Eye Institute
- Virginia Physicians for Women
- Virginia Surgical Associates
- Virginia Urology
- Virginia Women’s Center
*Primary care practice